Some of you may already be familiar with super coach Idalis Velazquez, who created Mes de Más, Beachbody’s first Spanish-language program and Total Body Pregnancy, and now hosts 30 Day Breakaway, our first running program.
She is a NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) certified personal trainer and was a national athletics star in Puerto Rico for 10 years.
But behind all his exploits, Idalis is like everyone else: he enjoys his favorite food, on his bad days, he dislikes certain foods, and indulges in his guilty pleasures.
To learn more about Idalis, read on!
19 things you didn’t know about me … by Idalis Velazquez
1. My favorite dish: Puerto Rican festive dishes.
2. The dish I hate: Anything that contains mushrooms or too many vegetables.
3. My ideal meal: Anything that tastes and is packed with nutrients.
4. My motivation when I don’t want to train or eat well: The results, the benefits, and my love for my body and my health. Knowing how much better and stronger I will feel physically and mentally. And tell me no two train, but that I may l do what!
5. My guilty pleasure: Pizza, Oreos, Nutella, champagne.
6. My strong point: The sport.
7. My weak point: Crafts and manual activities.
8. How do I change my mind after a bad day? I run, disconnect from the world and focus on my little piece of paradise, which is my family, my dog and God.
9. The song (or style of music) that always puts me in a good mood: The upbeat, Latin rhythms that automatically make me dance!
10. The talent I would like to have: Musical gifts, knowing how to play an instrument.
11. Who do I admire and why: My grandmother. She was godly, honest, loving, forgiving, wise, humble and she lived one of the hardest lives and stories I have ever known, but she always stood her ground and never became a bitter person. . She raised 12 children and was an exemplary grandmother, mother and citizen. The pioneers inspire me too. Everyone who did it first, those who work hard, those who are resilient and those who overcome obstacles.
12. The qualities that I most admire in a person: Honesty, compassion, humility, kindness, and perseverance.
13. What I value most about my friends: Honesty, someone who tells me what I need to hear instead of what I want to hear, sense of humor, vulnerability, and support.
14. Three qualities that made me the person I am today: Faith, perseverance, the desire to never stop learning and never settle for less.
15. The changes I would like to see in my sector: A more intuitive approach to nutrition and exercise.
16. The best advice I’ve been given: Forgive yourself and others.
17. The best advice you would give someone: Whether at work or in your personal life, do the best you can. Make sure your goals are aligned with your values and priorities in life. Stay in your lane, focusing on what matters most, avoiding distractions and comparisons, and tapping into your own talents and areas of expertise.
18. My greatest achievement: My marriage and my family! I got married young and we’ve been through a lot. Apart from our daughters, we have nothing in common and yet we celebrate 15 years of marriage in October, more in love than ever and with more respect and admiration for each other than before!
19. My ideal day: Sleeping late, waking up to a great view, having breakfast in bed, going for a run and spending the day at the beach with my family, making my daughters behave perfectly and leave us alone. (Well it’s me dreaming now!)